Wilderness environments create special situations not usually encountered in an urban or suburban environment. This comprehensive 16–20hour course meets the Boy Scouts of America Wilderness First Aid curriculum and guidelines.
Participants will learn:
- Preparation and Assessment of Wilderness Emergencies
- Preventing and Caring for Injuries
- Environmental Hazards
- Biological Hazards
- Medical Emergencies
Who will benefit:
- Individuals who require or desire wilderness first aid knowledge and skills but are not professional responders.
- Hunters/ Hikers
- Adventure guides, outdoor enthusiasts,
- Camp counselors and administrators, camp participants,
Required — Students must perform all core skills competently and without assistance for at least three randomly selected Performance Evaluations.
Written Exam: Recommended for designated responders (duty or employer expectation to respond; 80% or better).
Valid for 3 years (Recommended every 2 years)
2024 Dates Coming Soon